JellyPages.com

Wednesday, 16 January 2013

On it like Sonnet

I wonder if he had as much fun as me?
Hi All.

Well, I must say, I had an awesome day today at uni.  In ICT we were placed into groups and were introduced to the variety of ways we can teach a certain subject.  We had to introduce 'the workings of the heart' by one of a variety of ways.  Some groups had to describe in a theme of a sports presenter, by text messaging and one even had to do a rap amongst many more!

Ours, well, we had to present this very medical, and highly complex subject in the way of a sonnet.  Our end product was AMAZING.  I am so proud of it.  We all worked superbly as a team and laughed so much.  We got our information from Shakespeare sites, BBC Bitesize and Wikipedia.  We also asked google what certain words were in Latin to make our sonnet authentic.

The premise of this exercise was to make us aware that teaching subjects can be fascinating and fun.  I can just see the joys of watching a group of 10 year olds learn all about worms by presenting it as a football presenter or learning about Medieval times as members of a pop group.

Tell me what you think of it!

Thy Glorious Hearteth
 
Thy hollow muscle that pumpeth thy blood,
By rhythmic contractions you doth floweth,
Seventy times you beat per minute,
Double circulatory with twin part,
Sangre doth travel from brotherly sides,
Atrium doth empty into ventricals,
Contractions give thy body blood pressure,
No entry doth the blood that cometh out,
Syncytum of vessels keep thy life,
By collecting oxygen to travel,
To feed thy body of essential blood,
Aorta thy divide blood to thy organs,
Thy fickle pectus with too much fatteth,
Will end up causing thy heart attacketh.
 
By Emma, Olivia and ME.
 
 
Speak soon :-)
 
Caroline


6 comments:

  1. Can't actually believe you managed to write a sonnet! well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Surprised myself to be honest. We laughed so much doing it too. It was a very enjoyable! :)

      Delete
    2. I know!! Surprised myself to be honest. We laughed so much doing it too. It was a very enjoyable! :)

      Delete
  2. It is fab, I would like to blog about it if I may...have you obtained copyright yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can Mandy. You never know we may end up as famous as Big Will himself. We haven't obtained copyright on it ....yet, but I'm sure we can trust you!

      Delete
    2. Of course you can Mandy. You never know we may end up as famous as Big Will himself. We haven't obtained copyright on it ....yet, but I'm sure we can trust you!

      Delete