I am a Facebook addict! I know when you admit your addictions it is the first step in the healing process, but I will not EVER be able to give it up. In my world of housework, husband, children, university and the dog, it is my haven. My little world of friends that make me laugh so much by belly hurts. I love keeping in touch with friends from 'ye olden days' as life takes over and you never seem to have the time to meet for coffee or call over with a bottle of wine.
I have also a group of 'cyber' friends who I met on my Open University course last year. We all were a part of a facebook group for our course and if we wanted to debate, ask questions, or needed help and motivation we were there for each other. It was a fantastic help as distant learning can feel lonely. These new friends will be friends for life, even though I haven't met them yet! I love 'chat'. Free messaging! I grab a bottle of wine and chat to my friends about life in general. I also love thinking of witty things to say or even telling everyone about funny things that have happened to me, i.e, when my dog stole my Gregg's sausage rolls from my handbag while I visited the smallest room in the house!!! I also love seeing friends photographs of holidays and children. I'm very nosey, so facebook is a dream!
The downside to Facebook is the constant changes. As soon as you get used to the way it works, along comes another way without warning. You are also exposed to people that you don't know, especially if you haven't set your security settings correctly. Cyber bullying is also a major issue with the younger facebook community. My daughter is on Facebook and I am meticulously checking her account for her safety. I also am a little tired of the adverts, but it has got to make money somehow. My life would not be complete without facebook. If I forget my phone I'm lost, just because I can't have a nose at whats going on. I just love it so much.
Speak soon :-)
Caroline
Friday, 28 December 2012
Addict!!! The pro's and con's of Facebook
Labels:
addiction,
changes,
chat,
cyber,
Facebook,
nosey,
Photographs,
Pro's and con's,
Project,
university
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment