
Hi All.
Well, after a painful weekend (I pulled a muscle!!!), I am back.
I am interested to find out the difference between blogs and websites, so I am looking into Rugby. The subject was given to me as one that I may not enjoy. However, I love Rugby, and am a fan of The Ospreys, and have seen them play a few times.
The website I have chosen to look into is The Welsh Rugby Union, official website, www.wru.co.uk/eng/home.php
This is a high gloss website with lots of action photographs, with a proffessional look. It has many pages to explore, a place to buy official merchandise, and a private 'contact us' area. You can see advertisments and it is obvious to me that this is a corperate website. It is there to advertise and sell.
The rugby blog I am investigating is the Welsh Rugby Forum, http://welshrugbyblog.co.uk/forum/
This is a very organised blogspace, but is very plain; red, grey and white being its main colours. There were no advertisments and only three different pages to look at. One being not available as I am not signed in as a member. This is a more personal way to air your views on a specific subject, and publicly agree or disagree with the post you have read.
In conclusion, a website is formal, a blog, informal.
As a twist on the subject of Rugby, I originally thought of Womens Rugby, however, there was not a lot of choice in this subject. So, as this has put a smile on my face, maybe it will you.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1127352/Now-rugby-stars-strip-latest-sports-drink-ad.html
Enjoy.
Speak soon
Caroline :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment