Hi all.
Today we have been introduced to a website called kerpoof.com.
It is owned by The Walt Disney Companies and as soon as you see it it becomes evident that this is the case.
There are many options for you to choose from, such as card making, however we have been asked to review animation.
Initially you start with a scene, then add characters to it. You then pick an action from the list under the scene and drag it to a large side bar. This determines the timing of your action in your animation clip. You can also type in words for your characters to say which appear as a speech bubble.
It's a bright, colourful, fun website which is designed with children in mind.
It was easy to navigate and I found the animation section easily.
I did not find any instructions for use, however you can navigate and find out yourself. There is a help guide for you to get information on how to use the site.
You have to log in as a user, and are limited to what you can do as some of the backgrounds and characters you cannot use without paying a monthly subscription.
The templates are already made for you, so your imagination is a little restricted, however it is a fun site for small children to enjoy. I feel that older children would love this site to start with but become easily bored.
You can increase the size of the screen, but it would be nice if it was viewed as a full screen. Also I found the end result a little robotic.
Overall, I enjoyed using Kerpoof, but feel that the children's creativity could be restricted.
Have a look for yourself at www.kerpoof.com
Speak soon
:-)
Caroline
Sunday, 25 November 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment